- Thermalmagnetic energy harvesting, strain-mediated multiferroic logic, non-volatile memory devices, magnetoelastic control of magnetization, MEMS
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), Present
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), 2012
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), 2011
- Graduate Researcher, UCLA Active Materials Laboratory (Prof. Gregory Carman)
2011 - 2012
- Graduate Researcher, UCLA Micromanufacturing Laboratory (Prof. C.J. Kim)
2010 - 2011
- Undergraduate Researcher, MIT Nanoengineered Surfaces Group (Prof. K. Varanasi)
- Summer Researcher, National Cheng Kung University
- Undergraduate Researcher, MIT Micro Power and Nanoengineering Group (Prof. C. Livermore)
- Summer Intern, LumArray Inc.
- Xerox Technical Minority Scholarship Award, 2012
- MIT Paul E. Gray Endowment Grant for Undergraduate Research, 2010
- Liang, Cheng-Yen, Scott M. Keller, Abdon E. Sepulveda, Wei-Yang Sun, Jizhai Cui, Christopher S. Lynch, and Gregory P. Carman. "Electrical control of a single magnetoelastic domain structure on a clamped piezoelectric thin film-analysis." Journal of Applied Physics 116, no. 12 (2014): 123909.
- Liang, Cheng-Yen, Scott M. Keller, Abdon E. Sepulveda, Alexandre Bur, Wei-Yang Sun, Kyle Wetzlar, and Gregory P. Carman. "Modeling of magnetoelastic nanostructures with a fully coupled mechanical-micromagnetic model." Nanotechnology 25, no. 43 (2014): 435701.
- Sun, Wei-Yang, and Chang-Jin CJ Kim. "The role of dissolved gas in longevity of Cassie states for immersed superhydrophobic surfaces." Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS), 2013 IEEE 26th International Conference on. IEEE, 2013.
- Tau Beta Pi
- IEEE Magnetics
- Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers, UCLA